Skip to main content

Good Morning, I have a quick question in regards to loading data and how it appears into Ataccama from a database. I did not see this topic addressed but I wanted to reach out and ask this and see if this question made sense.

In the Knowledge Catalog, if terms are “table names” and attributes are “columns” as described in the documentation. How does Ataccama interpret duplicate attributes spread across separate tables of data? For example, how would Ataccama interpret two different tables that have duplicate titled columns within those tables? Especially if those column headers have different meanings across the tables. If any further explanation is needed feel free to send me a message.

Hi @jcarr ,

Ataccama will not interpret catalog item and attributes names with respect to their meaning. Term suggestions are based, to my knowledge, merely on the content of data. If you have catalog item attributes with the same name but a different meaning, you can create two different terms in the business glossary and assign both attributes to the applicable glossary term.

Is this what you meant? If not please let me know.

Kind regards,

Albert

> Term suggestions are based, to my knowledge, merely on the content of data. 
This is true for pre 14.4 versions of Ataccama. Starting from version 14.4 term suggestion is able to use metadata in addition to fingerprints (Ataccama 14.4.0 Release Notes :: Ataccama ONE).

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET