Skip to main content

I have created a rule that detects if a record is in the table more than once based on aggregation of 2 attributes in OneWeb application.  This gives a proper result in Invalid samples data and exports giving 2 errors if the record is in the table 2 times etc.  But the customer requires that only 1 record should be visible in Invalid samples and also in exporting to db.  It does not matter which one.  Is it possible to configure the result to do this?

Hi @Mel! If you’ve configured a ONE Desktop plan (i.e. post-processing plan) to export the invalid records to a database, you can add a Representative Creator or Group Aggregator step to group based on the two attributes to ensure one instance for each duplicate record. For example, if I’m grouping on code + id I will add those columns under the Group By section of the Representative Creator. The out_merged stream will include the new grouped records.

For more information on how the Representative Creator or Group Aggregator works, select the magnifying glass icon (top right) & type in “Representative Creator” to search through the ONE Desktop documentation. 

If you’re not using a plan to export the invalid results to a database, please elaborate more on how you’re exporting to the database. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @joyce, your solution has been and is working perfectly thank you.  I have now received a similar requirement relating to this one. 

Result after doing Duplicate check - Check if each ID of type Regular has only 1 Plan loaded.

What the customer wants is to have only 1 record in the export from the Post Processing plan listing All the Plans that is loaded.

This is what he wants in the export

Do you know of a way to achieve this?

Hi @Mel, no problem! To group everything into one record, you can set your Group By = true . To concatenate the values for other columns, you can put concatenate(plan) within the Representative Attributes. I’ve attached a zip with some sample data and sample components showcasing this. Let me know if you have any questions! 

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET