Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I have used this community tutorial (thanks @anna.spakova !) and this part of the documentation portal to create a custom relationship (and an existing custom relationship as example). So that should be enough info, but still I encounter an issue. As follows.

The relationship is between an extension of term (entity term) and custom entity application. The new relationship has been defined in entity entityTermSourceOfRecordRel as follows

This new entity has also been defined in entity metadata as array.

A new relationship type has been defined for this purpose:

In the entity term screen I have defined the realtionship as follows:

{

"_type": "relationships",

"relationshipPropertyPath": "/entityTermSourceOfRecordRel"

}

On the entity term screen I would now expect to be able a new relationship like this (from the example we already had implemented):

Instead I only have the option to define a new relationship type, like:

What am I overlooking? We are on version 13.9.

Thanks and kind regards,

Albert

Hi @Albert de Ruiter , I am happy the guide helped.

As for the current issue, can you please share:

• the entire screen layout JSON
  • screenshot of the entityTerm

I will see if I can help you with this, alternatively, I would have to ask you to share this with our support to help troubleshoot it. From what you shared so far I don’t see any obvious problem except maybe some potential issue with the term subtype (I saw in the past that it behaves slightly differently from the root objects).

Kind regards,

Anna

Hi @anna.spakova ,

Hereby the details that you requested above.

I will also create a service request as you proposed.

Kind regards,

Albert

Hello @Albert de Ruiter , thank you for sharing the details. I am afraid I would have to try to configure it from scratch in my own environment to see the behaviour, and that is something our support team can do as well.

But few other questions that might be worth also mentioning to our support or to try:

• The screen layout JSON that you sent me → was it configured only for the term subtype entityTerm? (when you open some entityTerm and edit the screen there) or did you try to do it also for different term type? Why I am asking - I am not sure what would happen for different term type since the relationships is only for the entityTerm.
  • In the screen layout I see the new relationship widget embedded inside a card - can you try to put it on the same level? I don’t see a reason why it would be an issue but maybe you can try it.
  • can you try to put the widget into the other entity that is part of the relationship - application? Does it work?

I hope you will be able to come to a solution. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with or feel free to direct the support team my way as well to provide help.

Kind regards,

Anna

Hi @anna.spakova , thanks or your suggestions.

Indeed the layout is specific for term type entityTerm (the new relationship type only applies to this term type).

I have tried to move the widget as you suggested, but that has no relevant effect.

Finally I put the widget also in the application entity (the other side of the relationship). In that screen the relationship shows as expected.

Since I have raised a request (containing a link to this post) at Support, surely you don't have to try to recreate the situation from your end. When I have a solution I will share it in this post as well of course.

Kind regards,

Albert

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET