Skip to main content

Hi community,

Has anyone managed to connect Ataccama (we’re on PaaS), or even ONE Desktop, to a corporate network folder, download files, and work with it in .ewf workflows and components / plans?

Yes I know Ataccama connects to S3 buckets / ADLS Gen2 containers, but the environment that I work in people are really used to shared network drives and a lot of applications are integrated with them. It would make my life a lot easier if I can make Ataccama connect into it.

When I look at either the SCP or SFTP upload/download steps, it requires a server to be set up with Basic authentication - of course when I connect to the network drive personally I don’t need to enter any of that.

Has anyone done something similar?

Hi @may_kwok,

To access shared network folder, you need a Hybrid DPE. If you have one, then you can mount your folder to the machine where DPE installed and then setup Local File System Connection :: Ataccama ONE.
Similar to this for One Desktop you can mount a shared folder as a network drive, and then operate with files in it normally, as if they are local. Assuming you are on Windows here is a guide: Map a network drive in Windows - Microsoft Support.

Lastly, SFTP/SCP is an option if you don't have Hybrid DPE or, for some reason, don't want to directly mount your network folder to it. In that case, you can deploy an additional server on your network that will map the network drive and expose its content via the SFTP/SCP protocol. Also, private-key authentication is preferable to user/password authentication in that case for security reasons.

Ooh yes we do have a hybrid DPE! Will look into. Thanks @AKislyakov !

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET