Skip to main content

Hello:

I have a use case specifically for assigning a term. If the data is a 9 digit number and if the field name is NOT one of the list i want to exclude - then that term be assigned. 

I also have additional field names that i want to be tagged with that term - irrespective of value with in that field.

As of now - iam able to create  separate rules one that runs on metadata and other runs on real data - and put a OR condition or AND condition between the two rules. But that is not addressing my use case very well. 

I need one rule that can refer to both real data and metadata.  OR - i should be able to give a complex join condition with more than two rules

(Rule 1 AND Rule 2) OR (Rule 3)

Has anyone done something like that?

Hi @Prasad Rani,

At the moment, in order to achieve what you want,  the only way is to create two separate terms. One having the conditions check of length check and attribute name check. The second term with just a name check. For visibility reasons its best to make sure the terms have distinct names, though you can have them share the same name and be distinguishable by the business definition. You can tag the two terms as synonyms of each other to indicate that they represent the same glossary purpose. 

Term 2
Synonym Relationship Between the Terms

Regards, 

Rafeeq

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET