Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a runtime-server online service that I am trying to call using Azure Synapse using OAuth authentication. I created a REST Linked Service in Azure that connects successfully to the runtime-server online service. I am using a copy activity in Azure to do a POST call on the online service. When running the copy activity I get the following error:

{ "errorCode": "2200",
"message": "Failure happened on 'Source' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorCharSetInvalidOrNotSupported,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=The CharSet '\"UTF-8\"' is invalid or not supported from Response.Headers.Content-Type.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary,''Type=System.ArgumentException,Message='\"UTF-8\"' is not a supported encoding name. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method.\r\nParameter name: name,Source=mscorlib,'", "failureType": "UserError", "target": "CopyDataCatalogToRaw",
"details": "] }

The problem seems to be Azure is reading the CharSet as \"UTF-8\" even though it is set to UTF-8 in the online service (see below screenshot).

Does anyone know a fix or a workaround for this? I’ve tried a few different Content-Type bodies in the copy activity but none have worked.

PS. This works in Postman without issue and seems to be Azure Synapse specific. This also worked previously using basic authentication but due to security concerns I had to swap to OAuth authentication.

Thank you,
Mike

Hi @michael.willis 

Are you limited to CSV output format? I tried JSON and Content-Type charset seems to be formed without surplus quotes

Hi @michael.willis welcome to the community and thank you for posting! 

I’m closing this thread for now, if you have any follow-up questions please don’t hesitate to share them in the comments or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET