Skip to main content

Hello Ataccama team

Checking ataccama admin center on resource section there is mentioned the JVM Heap Memory,

I would like to know more about the Ataccama JVM Heap Memory configuration , as I understand Ataccama manage Java APIs (mmm comment, dpe,...) , I am curious to know if Ataccama has a configuration file to define the limits of JAVA memory to use on each ataccama api, or if Ataccama has a configuration file to manage the whole java resources.

Hi @clyormz

The JVM Heap memory will affect pretty much every module that runs a java based component, which is all but the ai modules.
When setting this up locally you can configure the Heap Memory in the one-desktop.ini configuration settings file via the Xms/Xmx properties. 
If you’re interested in configuring this in a live environment these will need to be requested via an SR ticket for each module as they are configured slightly differently everywhere. Some modules take the heap memory as a percentage of the total memory, and you can set the value in others.

It is recommended to raise an SR ticket requesting the memory you will need, and the team will then configure the heap memory accordingly. You can raise this via the service desk: https://atajira.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

-- Antonio

Hi @clyormz, I’m closing this thread for now, if you have any follow-up questions please feel free to share them here or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET