Solved

Use case for Security terms

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Community!

I was wondering if anyone has used the Security term (as extension of term) functionality in OneWeb and if so how. 

There seems no documentation available from the Documentation portal or the Community to clarify the modeling choices. The node has the following properties 

regulation is a string instead of a reference to node regulation and responsiblePerson is also a string. The effectiveDate is not of type date but string as well. Why would this be?

Anyhow, I would appreciate if anyone can shine some light on this.

Thanks and kind regards!

Albert

icon

Best answer by joyce 19 April 2024, 22:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Albert de Ruiter! Security and Key Performance Indicator Terms showcase that terms can include various fields. Business Terms include basic information such as name, abbreviation and term definition source. Whereas, Security and Key Performance Indicator Terms have included additional fields (namely, regulation, responsiblePerson, etc.). If your use-case requires terms to have additional fields, the metadata model can be altered to achieve this (similar to the Security and Key Performance Indicator terms). Out of the box, we’ve included sample Security and Key Performance Indicator Terms that we considered helpful for classification. These terms can be mapped in the same manner as Business Terms (i.e. mapping the term to a rule, monitoring project, catalog item, etc.). Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @joyce , thanks for your reply.

I was aware of the possibility to create different types of terms as extension of ‘term' (in fact we also have added various term types to our glossary). If this type of term is only meant as showcase then we shouldn't spend much time on the question.

Kind regards,

Albert