Skip to main content

Hello, community

I’m currently working on a project which requires a workflow on the runtime server to be triggered after the monitoring project on Ataccama ONE is finished. Can anyone recommend a solution to achieve this? Thank you in advance

I don’t have exact answer to this, hopefully someone more knowledgeable would share how to do it properly.

I am thinking about Notification Handlers https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/development-guides/one-runtime-server-development-guide/workflow-and-scheduler/notifications-handler that might be able to do it, but it looks like they are only for events (UPDATE, CREATE, DELETE) of the entity (when monitoring project was updated, created etc). Not sure if there is a way to subscribe for changes such as “monitoring project job is finished”.

Although there might be a way to do it:

You can try to subscribe for the monitoringProjectProcessing entity which is embedded into monitoring project and run a workflow once a new processing is created and then updated with finishedAt for a given MP.

Thank you, Maxim Kim. I’ll check this out 😀

Would be interesting to find out. We have MP's which have Post-Processing to write data to our DQ Store.

You could also write to a DB-log table (or file) from a Post_processing job and create the handling from there. So create a ‘watching’ workflow with a ‘wait for SQL Row'.

Let us know what is your approach!

Thank you for your suggestion, Marnix Wisselaar. However, I would prefer not to have a residual write-out, so I’d probably try the Maxim Kim solution of detecting changes in MMM.

Thank you all for your help

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET