Solved

Subject in Email templates

• 17 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Community, 

Is it possible to customise the subject (screenshot below) and add things like DQ rule or Project name by any chance? Currently it just returns “Project run finished”. 

icon

Best answer by MayKwok 20 January 2023, 15:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Ellie,

If you click on the Edit button on the top right, it will allow you to edit the subject line:

Please have a go and let us know how you get on!

All the best,

May

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi MayKwok

Thanks for the reply. I understand we can edit the subject but I was hoping if any variables can be used in subject like what we have in email’s body.
I believe hardcoding is not a good approach for each email subject. Any thoughts?

Thanks, 
Ellie

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Ellie,

Sorry it’s taken a while to respond. I’ve checked with our internal team and unfortunately this is not yet possible.

We can raise a request to the product team for this. Just to confirm, what attributes are you looking to put in as a variable? Presuming monitoring project name. Anything else in particular?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Maykwok, 

Thanks for the reply. Add things like DQ rule or Project name please.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Maykwok: This request is exactly my requirement also. This has been a year since the request was made. Do you know if this feature is now made available to allow for atleast the monitoring project name to be included in the subject line of the email? 

I really appreciate this feature to be made available, because, some of my groups have multiple monitoring projects and the project name in the subject will get their attention. 

if you are still gathering requirements - having the overall data quality result of the MP in the subject line will get right attention.

For ex: “Project run finished for Security Master Start of Day with overall DQ of 82%

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Prasad Rani except for May’s suggestion above unfortunately the functionality is still similar to then you can find more information here.

If you’d like please share your feedback in the ideas forum where all suggestions can be upvoted by other members 🙋‍♀️