Solved

Priority DPM

• 24 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We have several Monitoring Projects that are scheduled to run at 07:00. If for instance 1000 jobs are still in the queue those scheduled MP will run after the 1000 jobs (assuming the priority is the same; 0). In order to change this I have to go to DPM and change the priority of the scheduled MPs. Is there a way where I can schedule a Monitoring Project at a specific time, 07:00, with a certain priority (automatically)?

icon

Best answer by ivan.kozlov 6 May 2024, 09:55

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @JTH,

In Ataccama ONE v14.5 and v15.1, we have the ability to add a scheduled event to any monitoring project, but there isn't the option for setting the priority with the schedule at this time. Here are the steps to add a scheduled event to a monitoring project.

1. Go to the monitoring project, locate the 3 dots setting, and select Schedule.

2. From the popped up menu, click on "Add Scheduled Event"

3. Proceed with the desired intervals 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @JTH ,

As Keven mentioned there’s no easy way to achieve that through web application when triggering a job. However you can indeed modify the priority once the job has been triggered. Technically, the process of triggering the job and assigning some custom priority can be automated through some scheduled workflows that would make GraphQL calls to the platform but that would be a rather complex approach for a simple requirement.

Here’s an example of gql query that i managed to find which is supposed to update the job priority:

mutation UpdateJobPriority($id: String!, $priority: Int!) {
   updateJobPriority(id: $id, priority: $priority) {
      node {
         priority
         __typename
      }
      __typename
   }
}

Below you can find the link to our ONE API documentation:
https://docs.ataccama.com/one/latest/one-apis/one-api.html

I hope this will be useful.