Skip to main content

Hi folks,

Is there some way that I can display a notification banner on Ataccama ONE and RDM, to notify users in advance of any platform maintenance?

I’d like to notify my users in advance if we have any planned works, including and not limited to platform version upgrades, or RDM model updates.

Hi May, would a notification on the landing page not simply suffice?

Kind regards,

Albert

In ONE there is a Custom Landing Pages available since v.14.3. You can add a Rich Text Widget and put your notification in there.

In RDM there is an option to put custom text on welcome screen by modifying welcome.xml file. But it will be reset every time you generate a project, and you’ll need to restart RDM to deploy new version. In other words, you’ll need an outage to notify about outage.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<welcome-config enabled="true">
<header>
<div style="font-size: 20px; color: red; margin: 20px 5px 20px 20px;">!!!Planed outage: TODAY!!!</div>
</header>
</welcome-config>

HI @Albert de Ruiter and @AKislyakov 

Thanks for the suggestion!

For ONE, We will start using the custom landing page, however it is not fool proof, because we notice some users e.g. directly bookmark page for Monitoring Projects, so they will most likely bypass the default landing page.

For RDM, thanks for the hint about the welcome page. I will look into it also.

🙇

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET