Skip to main content

Hello,everyone. When you load data into the database using Jdbc Writer and execute the plan every time, it keeps adding the same data from above. How can I overwrite the data? For instance, I have a table like this.

I saved it in the database, made some changes to the table, and when I re-executed the plan, it added the changes on top. Duplicates appeared, to put it bluntly.I will be very grateful for your help Thank you!

Hi,

If the target table always needs to reflect the source table, wouldn't it be most straightforward to truncate the target tabe first before loading? 

Or is your requirement more complex?

Kind regards,

Albert 

Hi @Albert de Ruiter  
I have a plan, it immediately pours the result into the database. Do you know how to first truncate the target table before uploading to Atacama Desktop?

Kind regards,

Assel

Hi @FCB developer , Assel, I haven't implemented such a scenario myself, but I would suggest to look into step SQL Execute (in the Transform section). Via the ?-button you will find more clarification (I have no experience with this step). In the ‘Before script’ field you can likely truncate the table. 

Kind regards, Albert

Hi, @Albert de Ruiter 

Thanks for the idea, I used the SQL Execute step, simplified my task

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET