Skip to main content

Hi,

I am wondering if the following is possible. On the glossary's term screen not all properties/metadata will always be filled. For instance in most occasions there will not be an abbreviation for a term.

Is there a way, on the view screen only, to hide this abbreviation field when it contains no value?

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Albert de Ruiter

Dear Albert,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have documentation on our website that provides instructions on how to customize the user interface for our platform.

The page can be found here: https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/development-guides/one-development-guide/configuring-the-one-web-application/entity-screen-customization

To completely hide certain properties so they are not displayed at all, you will need to explicitly add those properties to the "blacklist" configuration.

Please see the attached short screen recording demonstrating how to hide the "abbreviation" field as an example: [screen recording link]

I hope this helps explain the process for customizing the display of properties. Please let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions!

https://ataccama.h5p.com/content/1292011155860697007/embed

Dear @DannyRyan,

First apologies for my late reply. Thanks for the response and suggestions. Yet I could use some further information, because my original question was actually a little different ;-)
I quote form the first post: “Is there a way, on the view screen only, to hide this abbreviation field when it contains no value?”

So what I mean is the following. In the ‘Abbreviation’ example you can hide the field by this blacklist option that you demonstrated. This is a static situation, meaning that the abbreviation will never show, until you remove it from the blacklist. 
What I am looking for is a dynamic lay-out: so (in the view-screen) the Abbreviation field is shown on the screen only when it contains a value and when having no value the filed is hidden.

Would such a dynamic lay-out be possible?

Best regards,

Albert

Hi @Albert de Ruiter please allow me to jump in here. Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide values when they are empty. By default they all appear in the respective components. However, the team is aware of this feedback and I’ll be sure to let you know if anything changes 👍

Okay thanks for the feedback @Cansu!

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET