Solved

DQ Rules replication

• 22 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I got 2 questions
First: how can I replicate my DQ rules from one environment to another ? (example: from dev to QA)
Second: how can I make the rules automatically replicate to new records on a table ? Like if I have a table with 500 rows and I add 50 more rows, I need to re apply the rules to all the table, instead I wanna make it in an incremental way so only my new records would need to have the rules applied.

icon

Best answer by Cansu 2 January 2024, 15:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @hiansen, the short answer is yes but several questions have to be considered first since they have a big impact on content migration mechanics. Most notably expectations on what should and what shouldn't be migrated between DEV/TEST/PROD ONE web apps:
Data sources - the differences in connections, tables, structures, and more.
Data processing results and metadata derived from the processing: such as data domain tags, automatically assigned DQ rules, profiling results
Permissions, sharing stewardship, etc.

The main mechanism supporting this setup are Export and Import plans - some prepared out-of-the-box, others created or modified by you to fit your specific needs, and selecting just the right parts of the Ataccama model you wish to migrate. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @hiansen👋

Hope the reply above was helpful! I’m closing this thread - if you have any questions / feedback feel free to create a new topic 🙋‍♀️