Skip to main content

Hello!

My team and I are working on connectivity to be able to pull rules down from the web version into the Desktop version, make some minor tweaks, and then reupload them back to the Web version. Is this possible? We have our ONE platform connected to our desktop and can see all of our catalog items and rules, but when I try and drag a rule into a component / plan or make any changes, we get an error and we can only view the rule.

Has anyone ran into similar issues? Or are we attempting to do something that the Desktop version does not support?

Any answers would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello @thomas.prociuk,

AFAIK rules created in the front end cannot be modified in the IDE and uploaded back. This works only for the component rules. For these the whole logic is built in IDE. https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/development-guides/one-desktop-development-guide/working-with-ataccama-one-platform/one-component-rules

Although, it should be possible to download the DQ rules as components and use them in other plans:

The logic defined in the web app will “translate” into steps inside th component as in the example above. But this is only one way process, you cannot modify it and upload it back to the web application. Any changes you will do in the IDE, will stay only in the IDE.

Through IDE the rules can be modified only using the graphQL API / ONE Metadata writer steps.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Anna

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET