Skip to main content

Hi all!
Please tell me where to look to cope with the error "Cannot submit job: Cannot execute task 'preprocess job' for job xxx. Caused by: Cannot retrieve metadata node" when starting remote plan execution. When the plan is run, it goes through the SUBMITTED and PREPROCESSING stages and then ends up in the FAILURE stage with the above error.

For clarification: my account has full admin rights in ONE Web, so I have access to the catalog item.

Would you please attach screenshots of the configurations and the error?

@SanazTahmasebi , Hi! Configurations of what? Screenshot of error in attach:

Hi, Thank you for the screenshot of the error, would you please attach a  full screenshot of the plan prior to running(the whole canvas showing the properties view too), and also the configuration of its steps?

@SanazTahmasebi , I’ll attach screenshots of run configurations, plan view and plan properties:

And if necessary, then the environment screen:

Please go to the “ dpm” server (Its url and log in information should be in the handout document), in “dpm” go to “ jobs”; you should be seeing your submitted jobs including this one which is submitted from the desktop there. Then click on it, go to its details and check “stdout” and “stderr” tabs.
Please copy the info you find in these tabs and attach the screenshots accordingly.

@SanazTahmasebi, went to the DPM server, found a submitted job, but unfortunately nothing is displayed in the "stdout" and "stderr" tabs. I'll attach screenshots:

In order to troubleshoot this, we need to take a deeper look at the configuration and logs. We have two options:

1. You can submit a support ticket to get on a call with one of the solutions consultants at a time that works (if you already have a consultant on your project, it’s better to coordinate with him/her accordingly)
  2. You can submit a support ticket to grant access to your environments to look at server logs.

Or maybe combination of both. 

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET