Anyone tried a plan to extract DQ results using Metadata reader??

• 24 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is it possible to read/extract Data Quality results using metadata reader? has anyone tried that. Can some one share a template if you have one?

I dont want it to be a Post Processing Component. I rather want it as an independent Plan that can be scheduled to run daily at a specific time that extracts all the DQ results of all projects of that day. And then using JDBC write i want to add it to my database. And then run some powerBI reports.

thanks.

ivan.kozlov 12 days ago

Hi Prasad,
You can read DQ results with a combination of Metadata Readers and DQ Monitoring Project Check Results steps. You’ll need to join a few metadata streams to get all the necessary entity ID’s that are required to read DQ Check Results. You can find the plan attached. You can adjust it as needed so the output has the necessary format and add the JDBC writer that would push the data into database.

However, if what you are interested in is the actual data with DQ Evaluation results - post processing is the way to do this. You can run the project on schedule and from within the post processing component you should be able to write the results in desired format into database.

I hope this answers your question.
Ivan

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Prasad,
You can read DQ results with a combination of Metadata Readers and DQ Monitoring Project Check Results steps. You’ll need to join a few metadata streams to get all the necessary entity ID’s that are required to read DQ Check Results. You can find the plan attached. You can adjust it as needed so the output has the necessary format and add the JDBC writer that would push the data into database.

However, if what you are interested in is the actual data with DQ Evaluation results - post processing is the way to do this. You can run the project on schedule and from within the post processing component you should be able to write the results in desired format into database.

I hope this answers your question.
Ivan

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Prasad Rani to follow up on Ivan’s solution, I also suggest our Live Training Video on exactly this if you haven’t had a chance to see it. You can find it in our Training Resources Library named “ONE Desktop Metadata & DQ Steps”🙋‍♀️