Skip to main content

🎤 Your Feedback Needed - Data Retention 🎤

🎤 Your Feedback Needed - Data Retention 🎤

Hi everyone, 

I’m Nadya, I work as Product Manager here at Ataccama. My team and I are researching potential enhancements for our Data Retention functionality and we are keen to learn more about your needs and experiences in this area. Your insights will help us design a more effective solution for all our users.

Here are some guiding questions we are curious to know more about:

• Are you setting retention on the monitoring projects or globally?
  • Do you use DQ retention? 
  • Does it happen that the same data in different monitoring projects would have different retention periods? 

For anyone new to the feature, you can enable it in two ways:

1. Data retention for monitoring projects is set up in Advanced settings  👇AD_4nXdkhXv9rB1ObiWsvqUTTdFqve20beOkIjQRNCb992czOzbBKByQ6KyBV3EGkz5HU-TE17qc9zJgXBZ1z6_jEFuG0MVj1cenKP-bKS0b4jNDz79_8M0on37xAKse_DPp4nDN5LwECHe08Rp4aTkYPgIc9S_7?key=LbXNf7vhdmgBgO_kCSJkjw

2. The other option for the admin to set up retention globally in the organisation settings. (Monitoring project admins can change it on the monitoring level later.) 

Our team is interested in hearing how you use the feature, how it helps with your work, and what challenges you may have. If you have any ideas on how we can enhance it or any feedback about data retention, please let us know in the comments below 👇

If you comment in this thread, we may contact you in private. Your input will help us better understand your needs and is greatly appreciated🙌

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Nadya, Some feedback from my side 😃

• We currently use the retention feature on an adhoc basis as we find different monitoring projects require different retention periods.
    • For example, some monitoring projects are run on a adhoc basis so a lower retention period may be enough compared to other monitoring projects which are regularly run and monitored.
  • The main reason we use it is to manage our storage space.
    • Therefore, it would be good if we could set different retention periods for the actual DQ results and the post processing output files. (As the output files can take up a larger storage space).
    • For example, we may only want to keep the last few post processing output files but keep the DQ result %’s for a longer history period.
    • It is also good to keep DQ result %’s for a long period to track DQ result trends over time, whereas the post processing output files (of the underlying data) we do not need to keep as long (and shouldn’t store them for longer than required for data security/risk reasons).

Happy for you to contact me if you want to discuss further 😊 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Rianna thank you for taking the time to share your feedback 🙋‍♀️