Solved

Keeping the output data of every time the plan run

• 17 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Whenever I run the plan file the output file get updated and the older output file data get lost . Is there any way ataccama can keep the files that is generated for all the time the plan file ran ?

icon

Best answer by Ales 18 November 2022, 09:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

My recommendation is to add timestamp on the output file this way your output file will be kept.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Catherine Thank you for the response . 

Is there a way I can add the timestamp automatically or do I have to add it manually every time before I run the plan file .

Regards,

Kundan

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Kundan use this notation to feed the path with whatever you need. The “now” represents an existing column in the data flow - in my case containing the DAY of when the job has started

tostring(today(), 'yyyyMMdd')

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Just a note: If you want to export for a post processing of an MP in the OneWeb the parameter is not working. We are waiting for a solution.

So the mentioned solution will only work for plans/components created in OneDesktop.

Badge +1

Whenever I run the plan file the output file get updated and the older output file data get lost . Is there any way ataccama can keep the files that is generated for all the time the plan file ran ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Raj Yalaka are you facing a similar issue? May I ask if you have tried the suggestion shared by Ales? 

Badge +1

Hi @Raj Yalaka are you facing a similar issue? May I ask if you have tried the suggestion shared by Ales? 

I’m trying this on Post Processing export plan but no luck.