Workflow FINISHED_FAILURE

I have a workflow with a DQC plan within that runs with no issues if I use the IDE. If I go to the admin control through DQIT and run the workflow, I get an error “FINISHED_FAILURE”.

Additional information shows “Failed with code ‘17’”.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Hi Ra,

the error code 17 only means that workflow finished with errors.
I would need a log to find the cause of the issue.
You can export it by following the steps below:

1. Step: Go to the Admin Center.
  2. Step: Open your Workflows Configurations.
  3. Step: Choose failed workflow.
  4. Step: Open last Instance ID of the workflow.
  5. Step: Open Details and then click on the task.log.
  6. Step: Please copy paste the log and send it to me.

For better orientation, see the attached picture.

Best regards,
Radek

2 Likes

Hi Radek, log is below:

2018-06-08 16:15:54 INFO: Validating model…
2018-06-08 16:15:54 ERROR: Data source ‘wfl@Apache Derby:localhost/wfl’ specified by property dataSourceName must exist. [PROPERTY 2 (Jdbc Reader, offending property path=/dataSourceName)]
2018-06-08 16:15:54 ERROR: Data source ‘wfl@Apache Derby:localhost/wfl’ specified by property dataSourceName must exist. [PROPERTY (Jdbc Reader, offending property path=/dataSourceName)]
2018-06-08 16:15:54 ERROR: Data source ‘wfl@Apache Derby:localhost/wfl’ specified by property dataSourceName must exist. [Jdbc Writer (Jdbc Writer, offending property path=/dataSourceName)]

Hi Ra.
It sounds like either;
Your Apache Derby database is not running locally.
If Apache Derby database is running locally, the wfl database may not be available.

If you check the configuration of the JDBC reader in the plan and ensure that the database connection is valid.

Post back and let us know how you get on.
Danny

Hi Danny- Thanks for your response. I can query the database using Atacamma DQC and using another tool. I can also run the plan (without the workflow) and it’d run just fine.

This issue has been resolved. The issue was with the fact that the connection name is different than what is defined in the .plan. As soon as those two names match, the issue is resolved.