[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.10.00.03] [Error 8019] [SQLState HY000] The parcel stream is invalid

(Layla Zaman) #1

Hello,
I’m trying to connect to Teradata using the following code, but I get the error "The parcel stream is invalid."
I tried all the suggestions in this forum, nothing worked. I can telnet to the database server from my machine, so it’s not a network issue. Here’s the code and the error. All help is appreciated.
String connurl=“jdbc:teradata://xxx.yy.zzz/COP=OFF,DBS_PORT=1234,DATABASE=MYDATABASE,charset=ASCII”;
Class.forName(“com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver”);
Connection conn= DriverManager.getConnection(connurl, “mydbuser”, “mydbpassword”);

I get this error:
java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.10.00.03] [Error 8019] [SQLState HY000] The parcel stream is invalid.
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDatabaseSQLException(ErrorFactory.java:302)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:368)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.(TDSession.java:210)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:36)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructSQLConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:25)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:179)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:169)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:236)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:162)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
at TestConn.main(TestConn.java:21)

(Inna Burmistrova) #2

Hi Layla,

Could you please clarify which exact Ataccama product do you use and its’ version?