RDM Extended Reader

(Ra Li) #1

Hi, I’m trying to export RDM data into a text file. I can successfully export results when using the default domains. When I add my custom domains into the RDM Logical Model, the data shows as NULL.

Is there a way to override that and export the results as shown in the RDM UI?

Thanks,

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello,

I am a bit confused, could you please add more details to better understand the issue you are facing, like steps you performed? It would be useful, if you could send me the plan you have configured, so I could take a look.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #3

Hi Katrin- I’m doing an export from RDM to a text file. I created custom domains and the table has a mixture of regular domains and the custom ones that I created.

When the data is exported, the columns with custom domains are showing as null, the columns that are using the default domains are exporting as expected with data being populated.

I have sent you the plan.

Regards,

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Ramzi,

After creating the custom domains have you generated and uploaded the new configuration? Also, what about the records you see as null, how are they displayed in the web application is the issue also in there? Could you please make an export from the web application also and also please send me the results from the export plan?

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #5

Hi Katrin- Yes, the config has been generated and uploaded to the server. I can see the records fine in the web application but when I perform the export, the data is shown as null. Files will be sent to you.

Regards,

(Katrin Popova) #6

Hello Ramzi,

Could you please send me what you have defined in the custom domains?

Regards,
Katrin

(Katrin Popova) #7

Hello Ramzi,

Could you please confirm that you have performed all the steps as described in this manual?

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #8

Hi Katrin- Yes, the step in the manual mentioned in previous past has been followed.

Regards,

(Katrin Popova) #9

Hello Ramzi,

I performed several steps, but could not reproduce the issue you are facing. I would need to look into your model project (.mdc file with included generated files), could you send it to me? You can export it by right-clicking on the model project in the IDE and choose Export.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #10

Hi Katrin- I was able to resolve the issue. I think it was caused by a naming issue. Appreciate all the help!