I went through Ataccama Workflow and Scheduler 11.1.0 Developer Guide document and I have below questions? Please answer my below questions or direct me to some document if details are already present.
As per document :Launching on the Server: In order to execute workflows in the server context, add the Workflow Server Component to Server Configuration and configure it.
- What is Workflow Server Component? How to add workflow to Workflow Server Component and how to configure it?
- What is the difference between running workflow on server and outside server? When each one should be used?
- Which script should be used for running workflow and in which cases? runbde, runewf or onlinectl?
As per document : OnlineCtl is a command line tool for performing Ataccama Server-related tasks.
- Can we use runBDE.sh script similar to OnlineCtl?
- Are there any other features present in OnlineCtl which are not present in runBDE.sh?
- There is waitForWorkflowCompletion argument to monitor Ataccama plan execution. Is there such feature present for runBDE.sh? If not, how workflow can be monitored remotely ran by runbde.sh?
As per document :Tasks that require a running server cannot be run either from IDE or by runewf script.
- What are the tasks which run only on server?
- Can these be run from runBDE.sh using –ewf argument?