Problem with Iterate step in workflow

I’m trying to make a workflow with Iterate step, which should make sql query and for each row execute another workflow. This workflow makes no errors but it writes that iteration has 0 values but there should be 450 rows. I tested sql query and it worked properly. Also one of my colleagues told me that there was some bug with iterate. Do you have and ideas how to make this workflow work properly?

Hi Egor,

Could you please send me your workflow and relevant component? What version of MDC you are using?

Regards,
Katrin

Hi, Katrin!
Send you my workflow which should execute sql query and for each row execute another workflow with data in the row.
I’m using 11.2.0.ga version.

bulid_spec.zip (798 Bytes)

Hello Egor,

Could you please test if the query returns correct result? You can do this by opening the Iterate task and choosing Edit:

Regards,
Katrin

Hello Katrin,
Query returns correct result.

Hello Egor,

There was a bug that was fixed, but it was connected with using variables in SQL Row Iterator as mentioned here in the release notes. But as far as I see, you do not use any variables in the query.

Regards,
Katrin

Hello Katrin, you are right, I don’t use any variables in the query. So how can I make it works properly?

Hello Egor,

Could you please send me some sample of the result query? In addition, please also attach the other workflow( the one that is executed).

Regards,
Katrin

Hi Katrin ,
I am facing a similar issue in passing value from parent workflow ( Iterator) to child workflow. Is there an example for resolution of this issue ?

Thanks
Siva

Hello Siva ,

Can you please explain in more detail what is the issue, what error message do you receive when executing the parent workflow? Did you test if the query in the parent workflow works as suggested by Katrin above? Sending us some sample of the result query and the parent and child workflows will helps us troubleshoot the issue.

EDIT: I pressume this issue is related to the following post you made recently: Iterator Step - How to Pass values to child workflow? A resolution was proposed there by the Community.

Kind Regards,

Maksim