ODBC Driver in Version 11

(Richard Ordowich) #1

There was an ODBC driver in version 10.5 that does not appear in version 11. I was using this to connect to and IBM Series 1 system.

What happened to this driver?

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Richard,

Because of the new Java 8 requirement, JDBC-ODBC Bridge sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver will no longer be supported by Ataccama tools. If used in the existing projects, it needs to be replaced by an appropriate JDBC driver or by one of the commercially available JDBC to ODBC bridges (e.g., this one).

Let me know if the provided information is sufficient and do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Katrin Popova) #3

Hello Richard,

I apologize that your comment from yesterday was not posted. I will copy it here:

Katrin, thanks. Do you have any guidelines for installing this bridge in DQ Analyzer?
Regards,
Richard

You could follow these steps:

• Download the driver

• Put it in folder [DQA_HOME]runtime/lib

• Then in DQA IDE right click on Databases node:

• Next to Database type click Manage >Add

• In the form Add New Database Driver, you have to fill in:
    Add to Classpath - add the path to the driver
    Driver class – would be filled in automatically
    Driver name – choose a name of the driver
    URL hint – you can find it either online or copy it from the previous version of the same driver

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Richard,

Your comments are not being posted in community, because you reply to us via email. To avoid this please use the link “open topic and respond” from the emails you receive.

Below I am copying your last comment:

Katrin, I tired installing and configuring the OpenLink JDBC to ODBC bridge. When I try to test the connection I get the errors below. Also included my setup screens.
The Openlink driver is in: DQA_home/runtime/lib

Any suggestions?

Regards,driver_error.txt (10.2 KB)

I apologize for misleading you that the URL hint could be copied from the previous version of the driver. In this case, JAVA 8 requires different connection string syntax:

Please refer to this link for more information and examples.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Katrin Popova) #5

Hello Richard,

I would kindly ask you, when there is an open request in community to keep the discussion there. Could you please write your replies directly in community? It is important for us, because it might be helpful for other people who also use DQA.

Below I am copying your last comment:

Katrin, thanks. That worked!

Could you send me pricing for DQ Analyzer.

Regards,

Richard

Ataccama Data Quality Analyzer is our free commercial application. Could you please clarify why you are interested in pricing? Do you want to have some additional functionality?

Best regards,
Katrin Popova