Issue Importer step Failed

Hi Team, I am facing the below error while trying to use Issue Importer step in DQIT Issue tracker.

01.08.2018 12:53:22 [FATAL] Failed to process the imported issues.[STEP Issue Importer[Issue Importer]]
01.08.2018 12:53:22 [INFO] Stopping runtime…
01.08.2018 12:53:22 [INFO] Finished!

01.08.2018 12:53:22 [WARNING] TASK COMPLETED WITH ERRORS. Elapsed time: 00:00:01

Could you please help what will be the probable reason of getting this error.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Gaurav,

Could you please send me the whole error log? Please navigate in the IDE to Window>Show View>Other and type in Error log:

Then you can right-click on the error and choose Export log:

In addition, if possible please send me your import plan.

Regards,
Katrin

1 Like

Please find the attached error log and plan file.test.plan (2.9 KB)

importer error.log (22.0 KB)
d text`ached log.

Hello Gaurav,

Could you please send me also the import component that is generated for issue type Names? You can find it in Files>plan directory in the IDE, below is an example:

Regards,
Katrin

Hi Kartin,

Sorry there is no import component generated.
Do i need to create any Component ?

Thanks,
Gourav

Gaurav,

In the IDE when you right-click on the model project and choose the Generate option, they should be created automatically. What is the version of DQIT that you are using?

Katrin

Hi Kartin,

I am using version 11.3.0.

Thanks,
Gourav

Hi Kartin,

Could you please tell me the steps to import the issues through issue importer step.
May be i am missing something.

Many thanks,
Gourav

Gaurav,

The different issue types have different Issue import structure. Lets consider the Manual cleansing issue type. The import structure is as explained in this paragraph. When configuring the import plan, you should have the issue import fields “mapped” to the columns you have defined for the particular issue, for example:

In addition, I think it would be helpful to import the example project for DQ Issue Tracker:

There you can see how the issues and defined and there is also an example import plan.

Katrin

Thanks a lot Katrin.
I will follow the example.

Regards,
Gourav