Identifying PII data with Ataccama

(Kalicharan Khetwal) #1

Hi Team,

Does Ataccama help to identify the PII data? if Yes, then how?

Thanks
kc

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Kalicharan,

Ataccama ONE platform allows our customers to define a Glossary with various Business terms , such as Name, Phone, Address, SIN and many other. The Glossary actually comes pre-filled with a wide range of typical Business terms, focusing specifically on the Customer data domain. The Business terms can also contain a technical definition which is then applied automatically to the profiled data.

In essence, any data added to the Ataccama ONE Catalog is scanned and profiled. As part of the profiling the platform tries to automatically discover the occurrence of the defined Business terms in the data. If found, the data element is automatically tagged with the relevant Business term. Users also have the ability to manually assign additional Business terms to data elements. Ataccama ONE Platform then allows users to search/filter data elements based on the applied tags, such as PII group (including all tags assigned to PII in the Business term hierarchy).

Regards,
Katrin

(Kalicharan Khetwal) #3

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for the reply. I Can you please elaborate it with the employee data within given link.

I’m curious to know how can I be sure that Date_Birth/SSN is PII data or not? It falls under one of my use case hence want to dig in more. Could you please help me in this regard?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
KC

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Kalicharan,

What you are requesting is out of the scope of the support. If you would like we can arrange a PoC or demo for you. Please let me know and I will send you information via email.

Thank you,

Katrin

(Kalicharan Khetwal) #5

Hi Katrin,

It will be great if you could arrange a call for me. I am looking forward for your reply on my mail. Its kalicharankhetwal@gmail.com.

Thanks
kalicharan