Hierarchy export

(Ra Li) #1

Is there a way to when exporting the hierarchy as XML to use two columns as join in the “Column Binding”? I’m able to use one column as a join and I’m successfully exporting the file, I just need an additional join.

Thanks in advance,

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Ramzi,

I am not sure if I understand, please provide more details and example if possible?

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #3

Hi Katrin- Yes, please see below. I was wondering if an additional “join” criteria can be added where the red arrow is:

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Ramzi,

It is not possible to add additional Column Biding criteria. The export plan is a generated plan. If you would like to achieve something different you could always configure a separate plan and set up Complex XML Writer.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #5

Hi Katrin- I’m trying to export the hierarchy as defined by the relationship between parents/children. In which, some of the relations using composite primary key that consists of more than one field.

(Katrin Popova) #6

Hello Ramzi,

It is not possible to define multiple-column binding directly in the Complex XML Writer step. To achieve it you could join those tables using Join steps and Filter steps to create single-column relationship from the multi-column one, you can also use generated primary key column that is exported from RDM in RDM Extended Reader step.

Regards,
Katrin