Finding company identifiers

(Sean Shaw) #1

I have a list (250) of words, company identifiers. I need to check whether a string contains any one of these identifiers.

I was using the ContainsWord function in a long nested IIF statement but this is not elegant and is now creating a stack overflow

Any advice anyone

(Victoria Tuktarova) #2

Hello Sean,

Unfortunately, due to DQAs’ limited functionality the only option for your use case would be to create an expression. However, your aim could be easily achieved in our commercial products.

To avoid stack overflow you might consider allocating more memory to a plan or IDE itself. There are 2 options of how it can be done:

1. Open dqa.ini file located in the root folder of the DQA build with a text editor. This file contains the JAVA_OPTS that will be used by the virtual machine on start.
    Edit the -Xmx row and substitute the number (256 by default) by a higher number for reserving more memory, e.g. -Xmx1024m where 1024M means 1024MBs of memory.

2. Open Runtime Configuration in IDE (see screenshot).
    In the Runtime tab -> VM Arguments set the Xmx variable, which configures to the maximum heap size reserved by the Java Virtual Machine. Follow the notation for passing this parameter, e.g., -Xmx1024m.

run_config

Please, let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Victoria

(Sean Shaw) #3

Victoria,

Thanks for that - in the short term I’ve chopped my if statement up into separate elements which has worked well.

I will look to creating a solution in the data load rather than in DQC

Thanks