DQD - 2 different projects can have same DQD Dashboard web links

(sivaraman gangadharan) #1

Hello,
I would like to know if 2 different DQD model projects with different workspaces pointing to same DQD repository can have same weblink for DQD dashboards .

Thanks
Siva

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Siva,

Every DQD model project requires its own datamart/set of tables (either there is a dedicated schema for that or we use unique table prefix) - the reason is that the engine actually checks the configuration table and it processes only the most recent one.

DQD webapp can show the data from only one datamart/set of tables -> you can have multiple webapps pointing to the same datamart but not multiple datamarts displayed in one webapp.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Nacer Menad) #3

Hi Katrin,

I work with Siva , we have an Oracle DQD repository and two projects one for Patients and one for Providers, does this mean that we need one Oracle schema for every project? how can we use the same scheme for both projects? and how can we have one website for each project?

Thanks,

Nick

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Nick,

The scheme should be one for every project. It is not possible to use the same scheme for both projects. Regarding the last question, you can have website for each project or you could just deploy another DQD instance of the webapp.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Patrick Burns) #5

Hi Katrin,

I was under the impression that with version 11, you could have multiple projects pointing to the same repository.

Regard,
Pat

(Katrin Popova) #6

Hello Pat,

Yes, you are right. I am sorry for misleading you with my last comment. I would like to clarify that, it is recommended to use different scheme, but not obligatory.

In version 11, it is possible to have different projects pointing to the same repository, but they have to be distinguished by a prefix. This prefix will be added to all tables created in the Datamart.

To define the prefix you could follow these two steps:

• In the Model Explorer of the given project, go to Files->etc and right-click on the dqd.serverConfig file and choose Open with->Server Configuration Editor. There you can define the Datamart prefix, see:

• After that navigate to tomcat\webapps\dqd\WEB-INF and in dqd-config.xml uncomment the
    <tablePrefix> element and write the prefix which you have defined in the Server Configuration Editor.

I hope you find this information helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Nacer Menad) #7

Hi Katrin,

I followed your instructions to add a prefix, but after I reload Metadata & generate the prefix disappears and do not see prefixed tables created in the repository, am I missing any steps?

Thanks,

NIck

(Katrin Popova) #8

Hello Nick,

When you configure your DQD project and change items like technical models and business entities, they are saved into a metadata model. After this, component steps, configuration files, and scripts are generated from this metadata model. Therefore, configuring the Datamart prefix in the .serverConfig file does not affect the metadata of the model and there is no need for performing a generate action. In case a generate action is needed you should again define the same prefix as before in the .serverConfig file.

It is advisable to configure and use default.serverConfig file and the corresponding start.bat file and not to use the template ones generated in the project. Their locations are as follows:

• default.serverConfig: [installation folder]/runtime/server/etc/
  • start.bat: [installation folder]/runtime/server/

Additionally, I would like to clarify some details regarding the configuration of the prefix:

• The Datamart prefix should be defined in the .serverConfig file. After that the .bat file or shell script which is used to start-up the server should be started. Then in the File Explorer after establishing a connection to the database you should be able to see the prefix in front of the tables’ name.

• Also, in order the webapp to write to those tables and recognize them, in the <tablePrefix> element should be defined the same prefix as in the .serverConfig file. Please note that if in the database the prefix is transformed with uppercase letters it should be defined in the same way in the element.

Let me know if the provided information is sufficient. Please do not hesitate to write if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Nacer Menad) #9

Katrin,

I was able to create a new set of tables using prefix for a new DQD project, since I only have one web instance now, the new Dashboard is overwriting the old one, how do I create two separate web instance?

Thanks,

Nick

(Katrin Popova) #10

Hello Nick,

In order to have two DQD Web Applications, a second webapp needs to be configured. This could be done by making a new instance (copy) of the dqd folder located in [installation folder]\tomcat\webapps.

After that, the new dqd instance name should be changed in several files located in [installation folder]\tomcat\webapps\new_dqd_instance_name\WEB-INF :

Additionally, if the deployment of the second webapp is done correctly, when we go to localhost:8081/umc we should be able to see the new application and assign required roles and users.

Please do not hesitate to write if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova

(Nacer Menad) #11

Thanks Katrin,

We have a app server and a web server. I made the changes in both and stood up a second webapp in the web servers following you instructions. We have two projects one for Patients and one for Providers, however, when I run the DQD app for Providers it over-write the Dashboard of the first app which is Patients, the second web up has the right systems but the data is empty, it almost seems to me that there is a missing configuration that tells the second app when it runs to fill up the second Dashboard (new web app) instead of the first one. Any insights?

Thanks,

Nick

(Katrin Popova) #12

Hello Nick,

I would need more detailed information:

• Could you please confirm that you have defined for both projects in the .serverConfig file Datamart prefix?

• Also, the Datamart prefix should be configured for both of the webapps. Could you check if for both of them is uncommented and defined <tablePrefix> in dqd-config file?

• The second instance of the DQD web app should have defined in web.xml file new URL address:
    dqd_instance_name
    Could you confirm that you are accessing the second web app by the new defined URL address?

• Additionally, could you check if there is a new configuration for deployment in the Admin Center? Please start the DQD engine of the given project (Files\bin\server_start.bat), open the Admin Center and in Configuration would be a message if there is a need of new configuration deployment.

• If the data is empty after you login in the second webapp, the problem might come from not set Systems&Models permissions in Administration tab. Could you please check if the permissions rights are set?

I would really appreciate it if you could provide the above mentioned information. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
Katrin Popova