Does choice of Internet Browser affect DQD

(Jayant Singh) #1

Hello friends,
Recently we got a local installation of Ataccama 11.2 on our developer laptops. But after installation, we are not being ale to open DQD at all. We just see an empty white screen on logging into DQD. I should mention that we have done the required configuration changes to see the Dashboard. Moreover, we are able to process the project in the admin console.

As a trial, I switched from Internet explorer to Chrome, but no luck. Can we get some advice what might be missing here? Does the browser play an important role whether we can view DQD or not?

Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated.

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Jayant,

What browser are you using and what version? Please refer to this link for more information regarding supported browsers for DQD.

Regards,
Katrin

(Jayant Singh) #3

Thanks for the link and your assistance. I am using IE 9.0.After clearing the history and cookies, I am being able to see the DQD well. Out of curiosity, may I know why does clearing cookies help? I am just curious about the root cause of this problem.

Can you kindly refer to some documentation?
thanks

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Jayant,

Usually, clearing the cache allows the browser to function more effectively. The browser keeps the information for a particular amount of time that could at some point, for example cause problems with logging or not loading properly the web page.

Regards,
Katrin