Do Ataccama leverages Kafka Streaming or Spark Streaming?

(Sri Kumaran Thirupathy) #1

Do Ataccama leverages Kafka Streaming or Spark Streaming?

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Srikumaran,

Ataccama has Kafka Streaming integration, while Spark Streaming is on the road map and is expected to be supported this fall.

Regards,
Katrin

(sivaraman gangadharan) #3

Hi Katrin ,

I am trying to read data from Kafka Topic using DQC 11.3 .I went through this documentation link . Hoping i need to install Kafka drivers to appear in the dropdown for creating new server to establish connection to read the topics.

https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/data-quality-center/dqc-developer-guide/creating-a-new-server-connection

please let me know the steps or any examples you have for creating new servers for Kafka & reading from the topics.

Thanks
Siva

(sivaraman gangadharan) #4

any updates on this topic .

(Katrin Popova) #5

Hello Siva,

Could you please open a ticket, where we can discuss it?

Regards,
Katrin

(sivaraman gangadharan) #6
  1. SR-6264 has been created.

(Vladimir Zvorygin) #7

Hi, Sivaram.

Kafka integration is a part of BDE build. Unfortunately, you cannot use it in DQC.
Also, please, pay attention to the product version - the article you mentioned, refers to version 12.2. You can switch the version of product before searching through our docs here:

In 12.2 the way of configuring the connection slightly changed, so now it’s done via server, before it was a Hadoop cluster. Still, it can be used in BDE only.

Regards,
Vladimir.