We use DLI to parse address strings. Here is an excerpt from documentation:"
Scoring configuration is done with the help of pseudo inputs that are to be used in any of the expressions that the Scoring provides. The pseudo inputs are as follows:
- ia – Input entity
- pa - Proposed entity
- expl – Entity explanation
- unexpl - Unexplained parts
- const – Constants for explanation. This represents a constant record with the fixed values:
not_defined. Its sole purpose is to compare with values in the
- e – Count of different characters during approximate searching"
But if you try to use ia/pa in when condition of Scoring you will see that they aren’t available.
What exactly is stored in xa? I thought that it should store input strings. e.g. if there is an input component named street_name which is assigned a value from pur_street_name. I thought that xa.street_name has to be the same as pur_street_name but it seems is not (read next for explanation )
We defined some When conditions for vectors so that not even try to use them when there is no data on the input. E.e. if you don’t have a street name why even try to use vectors that rely on street names. So for vector A_S (Area and Street has to be specified on the input) we defined following when condition
xa.area is not null and
xa.street_name is not null
And the vector was still working… And we had to replace it with just column values that we assigned to the input components.
- How to find out what is in the xa , pa and other data sources? The only way I found is in Scoring when you just try to specify something in explanations … But xa, pa and many other things aren’t available in Scoring. So DLI’s becoming like a black box when you cannot get the idea what parameters were during processing.