Derby DB - Local deployment of DQD

(sivaraman gangadharan) #1

Petya ,
I am trying to run the code locally for testing before pushing to server , for that i have set up derby database and started both derby, tomcat server locally .

I get error in deploying stating componets xml config file is different than dqd datamart which is derby . it runs fine in server with oracle DQD setup for datamart.
I would like to know if i have to create some tables in derby for making it to DQD datamart .

please let me know if am missing anything or details about DQD datamart schema which needs to be deployed.

Thanks
Siva

(Petya Minovska) #2

Hi Siva,

You receive this error message because the configurations are different. It means that you have to re-deploy the configuration. See the following guide, it might be helpful.

Regards,
Petya

(sivaraman gangadharan) #3

Petya ,
I followed the guide to deploy locally with derby and still getting the error . I executed this command for deploying the configuration in stand alone mode. please let me know if am missing anything .

call C:\dqc\runtime\bin\run_java.bat com.ataccama.dqd.engine.DqdProcessor -rt C:\dqc\workspace\dqd_compare\Files\etc\dqd.runtimeConfig -config C:\dqc\workspace\dqd_compare\Files\etc\dqd-config.xml -params.effective_date=“value” deploy

(Petya Minovska) #4

Hi Siva,

I would like to ask you some questions in order to investigate this issue.

1. Are you using the embedded derby and how are you starting it?
  2. Are you using the Java runtime included in our build for starting the server?
  3. Could you please provide us with the result of the following query select * from SYS.SYSSEQUENCES?
    Thank you.

Regards,
Petya

(sivaraman gangadharan) #5

Hi Petya ,

1. am using derby which came with installing package and starting by clicking (C:\dqc\runtime\server\start_derby.bat)
  2. as a next step i start tomcat server ( C:\dqc\start_tomcat.bat)
  3. i just got 2 rows from syssequences

syssequence.xlsx (9.9 KB)

(Petya Minovska) #6

Hi Siva,

What user are you using for connecting to the derby database? Since there are dqd sample data loaded into the embedded derby, you need to connect to the derby with a user called dqd.

Regards,
Petya

(sivaraman gangadharan) #7

Thanks Petya , with dqd as user am able to deploy finally . appreciate your help .

Thanks
Siva

(Petya Minovska) #8

Hi Siva,

I am glad we were able to help.

Regards,
Petya