Configuring the DQIT repository within a project

(Patrick Burns) #1

We have a person that has created a DQIT project on their workstation. Currently, their project is pointing to their local Derby repository. They want to point their DQIT project to a database on a server. Where within the DQIT project do they point to that server database and still run the DQIT project on their workstation?

(Anh Duc Tran) #2

Hi Patrick,

If I understand it correctly, you want to define a different data source for your DQIT project? You can achieve that by adding a data source to the runtimeConfig file in the data source section.

The connection should, for example, look like this:

<dataSources>

<dataSource driverclass="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" name="umc"
    			url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/umc"
    			user="umc" password="crypted:DES:uj3hAwlJSWwwD1Jp62KwJRz8lUK36qMUto5HhuV6Izg="/>

</dataSources>

For more information please visit our documentation here.

(Patrick Burns) #3

Hi Anh,

When you indicate Data Source, are you referring to the DQIT repository?

(Anh Duc Tran) #4

Hi Patrick,

I apologize for misunderstanding your question. The example that I have provided you is not relevant. In order to define a different DQIT repository please go to [your DQIT folder]/tomcat/webapps/dqit/META-INF/context.xml and in Resources define the connection. Please note that in order to change the repository to a diffrent type of repository, oracle fox example add, an Oracle repository , you need to add the Oracle JDBC driver into [your DQIT folder]/tomcat/webapps/dqit/WEB-INF/lib folder.

Kind regards
David Tran