Cannot check metadata

(Ebenezer Adejumo) #1

Hi House,
DQA 11 Error Msg

I am trying to profile a xlsx file by drag/drop it into the plan, but after the first time the file is used and metadata has been created I can no longer drag the same file into another file (Or reuse it in another plan or same plan even) Here is the error message.
Cannot Check Metadata

(Dimitar Dikov) #2

Hi Ebenezer,

After testing this on my environment I experienced the same error.
As a workaround I would suggest either to copy/paste the step (instead of drag&dropping the file) or to create a new Excel Reader Step and point it to the file.
It should allow you to use the same file on more plans without issues.

Would this workaround be feasible for you?

Cheers,
Dimitar

(Kirstie Hanrahan) #3

I am having this same problem. I am using the free version of DQA so I am not creating any plans. When I try to create a profile on a excel file that I have not done before (no “M” on the icon) I get this “Cannot Check Metadata”.

Any ideas what to do?

(Maksim Zhelyazkov) #4

Hello Kirstie,

We are aware of this issue in DQA when trying to profile or use in a plan the same .xls or .xlsx file more than once. We have it in our backlog, so it will be fixed in next releases.

In the meantime, I would suggest as a temporary workaround to use other file formats (as this issue is Excel files specific). Or to re-add needed file to be able to change metadata.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Kind Regards,
Maksim