Assigning records to users in same role

(Ra Li) #1

Hi, I’m trying to assign records after the initial load plan to users based on their username which will all have the same role. Is there a way to achieve this in RDM in an automated way?

(Katrin Popova) #2

Hello Ramzi,

I think you can achieve it by configuring authorization with a File Repository with Fixed Permissions, as described in this manual. If this does not satisfy your usecase please provide me more details.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #3

Hi Katrin- Thank you for your response. We are using these permissions, and what we are looking for is to have each user within the same role to be able to view different rows in RDM.

For example, we have user A,B,C under role X. User A can see different rows (entries) than user B or C.

Is this something possible?

(Katrin Popova) #4

Hello Ramzi,

The described usecase is not possible, you would have to create different roles for those users. The reason is that you assign permissions for the given role and the users in that role will have the same permissions.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #5

Hi Katrin- Quick question, what is the difference between the instructions that you shared and the ones at this link

Thanks,

(Katrin Popova) #6

Hello Ramzi,

The difference is in this paragraph in the Explanation column:

In case, you decide to choose File repository with Fixed permissions, no further configuration of permissions is possible in the web application. This means, that everything in this situation is configured via the IDE.

Regards,
Katrin

(Ra Li) #7

Thanks. I think this has given me what I needed.