Solved

DQ Monitoring project UAT/Test deployment

• 4 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I am new to DQ and Ataccama. Our code is in development environment and soon to be deployed in Test/UAT for UAT testing and later to Prod once we get UAT signoff.

My question is what is the way to export DQ monitoring project and its related components (like rules, etc) from Dev environment to UAT/Test environment? Is there any export capability? I have also heard that we may need to recreate it again in UAT environment. 

Really appreciate any direction in this.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Maxim Kim 4 January 2023, 06:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I think if it is a single (or several DQ monitoring projects) it would be easier to re-create them in respected environments.

Otherwise you can try Import & Export feature, although it probably doesn’t have what you need out of the box:

It probably is possible to add additional export plan that would be able to export DQ monitoring projects with all connected entities (Rules, Catalog Items, etc), but I am not 100% sure. Your environments might have different names/identifiers for datasource/connection that holds info about catalog items used in the project or even be absent at all.

Another option is to write a specific export and import plan in One Desktop that would do it, using metadata readers/writers.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you very much Maxim Kim,

I have 2 monitoring projects to deploy. Seems like recreation of DQ Monitoring project is the easiest way.

Also is there any recommended practice from Ataccama for such kind of deployments.