Solved

data source metadata changes - how to know if the field is newly added or existing field dropped?

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello:

I have a data source with 300+ tables. I have a daily profiling job (sample data).

Sometimes, when a table gets changed, and a new field added/existing field dropped, when i open that table in Data Catalog, and in the “Data” tab, it shows that “N” number of metadata changes happened that are marked with a “yellow triangle” symbol (warning/alert).

But, Iam able to see the list of fields that got changes, but iam not able to figure out if it is a new field added or existing field dropped or existing field changed??

How can i get this data?

icon

Best answer by joyce 2 April 2024, 19:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Prasad Rani! Table attribute changes can be viewed using Data Observability. This document outlines how to configure Data Observability to track changes within your datasource. For example, I've added a newattribute column and deleted column deletedattribute in a table called jttest1 and the changes are shown in Data Observability (see screenshot). Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Joyce.

Data Observability, as I understand is a separately licensed product with additional cost, that we may not have purchased.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Prasad Rani please let me know if you’d like to learn more about Data Observability and I can reach out to your Ataccama representative 🙋‍♀️